There are three types of settings, one related to the Editor, one to the Agenda and one related to Org mode. The Editor settings relate to fonts, editor color theme etc. The Agenda settings relate to agenda color theme and default views. The Org mode settings relate to TODO keywords, priorities etc.
- Font Size: Select the font size used in the editor
- Font Family: The font family used in the editor
- Theme: The color theme used in the editor
- Highlight Active Line: A shadow covers the line where the cursor is
- Indented Soft Wrap: Indents Soft Wrap if line is indented
- Show Gutter: Show/Hide gutter
- Show Line Numbers: Show line numbers in gutter
- Show Invisibles: Show invisible characters
- Default Directory: Select the directory you most often want to open from/save to
- Agenda View at Startup: Which agenda view you want to show at startup. 'Last' will show the last used one.
- Panels Open at Startup: Show Editor + Agenda or only Agenda panel at startup.
- Theme: Light or Dark theme for Agenda
- Height of Body Text Field: Define the height of the Add/Edit windows body text field.
Org Mode settings
Log When Marking as Done: When marking a todo as DONE you can add a timestamp or note so you know when it happened and any comments you might have. The 'note' setting also adds a timestamp.
Keep Existing CLOSED timestamp when moving from DONE to other non-TODO state: Keep or remove the CLOSED timestamp when changing from DONE -> TODO.
Maintain one blank line between TODOs when Adding/Updating a TODO via GUI: Add a blank line between new and existing todo or add the todo on the next line.
Deadline Warning Days: The number of days to warn/notify the user before a deadline.
Todo Keywords: You can define your own TODO keywords (states). Add "Todo" type keywords to the left and "Done" type keywords on the right of the "|". Separate each keyword with a comma. Eg. TODO,WAIT|CANCELED,DONE. These settings are global. You can also define custom keywords per file. Se the Org mode docs.
Highest Priority: Priorities can range from A-Z. With A as the highest.
Lowest Priority: Set the lowest priority level.
Default Priority: This will be the priority level assigned to Todos which have no explicit priority set.
Global Properties: Here you can define global Org properties that will apply to all files. One property per line. For example set effort levels like so:
Effort_ALL 0 0:10 0:30 1:00 2:00 3:00 4:00 5:00 6:00 7:00